http://terracottabloggers.blogspot.com/yahoo_authkey_fa3ecf1a7a2a8da6.txt.
Google
 
Web terracottabloggers.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Live Long and Prosper.com

If any of you are like me, you count your pennies more often than you should. I have always been interested in making the most out of my money. I am not stock savvy, nor do I have a portfolio that anyone would care to gawk at but I always lend an ear to the term "save money."

I am trying to build a nice CD ladder, not the most extravagent way to make money but it suits my need just fine. As I was browsing the web today I stumbled upon prosper.com. Basically it is an innovative way to skip the whole bank process and either get the lowest interest rate that someone will offer you, or on the investment side it provides the potential to lend money and receive a higher rate of interest than you by storing the money in the bank.

I have not signed up for an account, I am just now learning about the whole process. Like you, my first thoughts are skeptical "how can I trust my money to an internet site?", but I remember when many of us were skeptical to buy things from Ebay etc. Interestingly enough even foreign websites of a similar nature will be coming to the US in the near future.s

If anyone has had experience with this type of online "banking" please let me know what you think of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web terracottabloggers.blogspot.com