http://terracottabloggers.blogspot.com/yahoo_authkey_fa3ecf1a7a2a8da6.txt.
Google
 
Web terracottabloggers.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

MP3 Player on the way!

So I needed a new MP3 player, hopefully one with more than the 512 megs on my old one. After some exhaustive research I have narrowed it down to (and already ordered) the Creative Labs Zen Microtouch 8 gig.

So why go with last years CNET MP3 Player of the year you ask? Why not spend a little more to get this years CNET player of the year? Good questions, lets get to it.

1. No video player. Honestly, unless you are commuting by yourself for more than 25 minutes to school or work, when would you use this? Or I suppose you can take it on long plane trips in order to strain your eyesight even more. I have no use for a video player. I can watch enough video on my computer or T.V., thank you.

2. Only 8 gigs? Its more than enough. As Creative advertises on their website, the player can hold around 4000 songs. If I am not putting video on the player (see reason 1 above) I don't need more space. If I get tired of the 4000 songs I have on the player, it probably isn't difficult to plug my player into the computer and swap a few albums. But maybe if you are going to live with pygmies deep in the Congo for a couple years it would be nice to have a little more space.

3. Removable battery. I'll let you all in on a little secret. Batteries don't last forever! Shocking, I know. I'd rather pay 10 bucks for a replacement than 50+ for Apple to do it for me.

4. It's lime green. Ok, that isn't really a benefit other than I got it for twenty less on Amazon by getting a color that obviously doesn't sell as well. I'm secure in my manhood. (I think)

So I saved a hundred bucks or so over getting a new model. Basically I figured I wanted to listen to MP3's, that's all.

But I did realize something that the Microtouch is missing: a line-in recorder!! That would be handy for recording Hitoradio (straight out of Taibei, baby!). So afer I receive the player I'll give it a spin, maybe I'll be sending it back for something with line-in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web terracottabloggers.blogspot.com